Sunday 19 November 2017

A thought on Saturday
 
For me, the world is in confusion
And all that annoys me seems to make it so!
A deafening noise assaults my mind
Created by a yelling few.
The greed of those who do not understand 'enough'
And beggar those poor innocents that do!
The trendy briefness of social media,
That claims invention but embraces laziness.
The indulged who want it now! Not tomorrow!
Nor with any thought of cost.
The deception of those who claim that which is untrue
And posture as they attribute blame.
They cannot rule themselves!
So why trust them to govern others?
But why am I so sad?
When, in truth, surrounded by such pleasure?
I sometime wander through trees in rich colours;
The gift of autumn - leading on to winter's hold.
Christmas too will bring some friendly cheer
And I will shake some hands and kiss some lips with joy.
My shoes will crunch the frosty grass
And my eyes will twinkle in the shiny scene.
I’ll gaze with fondness at surrounding kin!
And laugh at all their triviality.
So, let me take heart that living is so good
And concede that existence seems so seldom fair.
Forget the world of all pretentious men!
For life is more than all they spoil.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment